Monday, May 20, 2019

Butterfly Skies - Lawn Fawnatics #53


Hey there, welcome to Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #53: Spectacular Skies! If you love creating cool scene cards with sky backgrounds, this is the challenge for you! I decided to showcase Butterfly Kisses  on today's card, since I can't think of anything much cooler than a sky swarmed with butterflies!


I decided to give my Copics a rest, and instead pulled out my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, which I haven't used in a while. I think I fell back in love! The colors are so vibrant and pretty with so little effort! I watercolored my images, let them dry, then trimmed them out with the matching dies.



Sometimes the simplest backgrounds are the most effective, because they really allow the images to shine. I did a watercolor wash with more Zigs on a Stitched Journaling Card and adhered my images with a combination of foam tape and Glue Tube. Then I finished it up by popping it up over some pretty patterned paper.


To see how this card came together, click below or click the YouTube icon at the bottom right to watch there in HD. And don't forget to like and subscribe!


And now it's time to head over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and check out the other amazing design samples. Then you can get busy creating your own project with Spectacular Skies!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card. Where is the paper from?
    That floral is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...