Monday, October 21, 2019

Holiday Card Series #2 + Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #63


Hello friends! Welcome to Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #63! This time we have an awesome card sketch for you to use and be inspired by. Card sketches are such a great resource and I use them constantly for new layout ideas. They can be turned and flipped and interpreted any way you like!


On today's card, I decided to raise the circle just slightly and flip the triangles into an upright position. I translated those elements into the moon and pine trees in my scene. I stamped the trees from Ready, Set, Snow and placed them on a snowy Stitched Hillside Border. Then added the adorable mouse from Mice on Ice onto my frozen pond.


I gave the frozen pond that frosty look with Distress Ink, and stamped my sentiment and a few icy swirls with Mermaid Ink. The sky was also created with Distress Inks, and spattered with Copic Opaque White. On the section I'd masked off for the moon, I stamped Santa's sleigh in Hippo Ink. Then I framed it up with a Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Frame.

I adhered the panel to a Mermaid card base and as a finishing touch, added some bling with Crystal Stickles. I also finished off the inside, which you can check out in the video.


As I mentioned in the title, this is also Day 2 of my 2019 Holiday Card Series, so I hope you'll watch the video and leave me a like or a comment! Your support means the world.


And now it's time to head over to the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog and check out the other amazing design team samples. Then its up to you to interpret our sketch and turn that into an incredible work of art! I can't wait to see what you create!

1 comment:

  1. Christy,
    Your card is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose for your sky.
    I am so looking forward to seeing what you do with the Christmas Fishes set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...