Monday, April 3, 2023

Flying By Birthday Card - Lawn Fawnatics #146


Hey friends, it's time for another Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, and this time we've got a gorgeous, bright color inspiration for you! My mind immediately went to the happy, cheerful colors of hot air balloons, so I pulled out the new Fly High from Lawn Fawn and inked that up for the very first time. I colored the images with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the  matching dies.


For the background, I thought it might be nice to do a nighttime mountain scene. I started out with Bristol Smooth Surface Cardstock, die cut various panels, and blended on Distress Oxide Inks. So for the sky, I used Broken ChinaSalty Ocean, and Chipped Sapphire. For the Stitched Mountain Border I used Wilted VioletSeedless Preserves, and Villainous Potion. Then I used the grass part of the Mushroom Border and colored that with Twisted CitronMowed Lawn, and Lucky Clover.


I splattered all the panels with some Gansai Tambi Starry Colors and stamped my sentiment down at the bottom. Then I added the images with a mix of liquid glue and Foam Tape for different levels of dimension. I finished with a little Stardust Stickles for some extra sparkle.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click below or watch on YouTube. I really hope you enjoy it! Also, don't forget to stop by the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team has come up with to inspire you. We hope you'll play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...