Monday, April 10, 2023

Brighter Days Card


Hey friends, today I've got a colorful, stormy weather card featuring the cute critters from Hello Bluebird Rain or Shine. I loved the idea of these friends coming together to get through the hard times. I used some rainbow-themed patterned paper from the Simple Stories Full Bloom 6x8 pad as my inspiration as I chose the shades of Copic markers to color them in with. Then I trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For the background, I started with a panel of Bristol Smooth Surface Cardstock and blended on Distress Oxide Inks. For the sky, I used Speckled EggEvergreen BoughPeacock Feathers, and Chipped Sapphire, keeping the top right corner light and focusing the dark in the bottom left. Then I cut another piece of Bristol with the Grassy Knoll dies and blended on more of the Evergreen Bough and Speckled Egg. I stamped a sentiment on the grass from Rainbow Script
and popped that panel up with foam tape over the patterned paper, using the B side for contrast. Then I finished with some Stardust Stickles.


I also did something fun with the inside, which you can check out in the video tutorial. Click below to watch or you can also find it here on YouTube. I really hope you enjoy it! If you do, please be sure to click the thumbs up on the video and subscribe to my channel. I post new videos every Monday and Friday. Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...