Thursday, June 17, 2021

Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things - June

 


Hey friends, it's Christy! Today I'm back with the June edition of Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things! I could not resist the cute critters in the Crafty Companions stamp set by Rachelle Anne Miller. This little artist caught my eye, and I decided to try to depict him inside his own painting! I colored the images in with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For the focal panel I used the Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX to die cut some Bristol Smooth Surface Cardstock. Then I blended Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink over the Rolling Clouds Stencil. I added a Grassy Hill inked with Mowed Lawn and Lucky Clover. I stamped my sentiment at the top and adhered my images with liquid glue.


The background I wanted to mimic the little canvas the raccoon was working on, so I watercolored with more Distress Oxide Inks, including Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, and Dusty Concord. Once that was dry, I trimmed it down with the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2 and adhered it to a Sno Cone card base. I popped the focal panel up with foam tape, added a sprinkle of Sparkling Clear Sequins down the left side, and filled in the centers with Stardust Stickles.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click below or watch on the My Favorite Things YouTube Channel. If you enjoy it, please hit the like button and leave me a comment to let me know! I really appreciate your support! Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...