Monday, March 20, 2023

Remarkably Bright Creatures Card - Lawn Fawnatics #145


Hey friends, welcome to another Lawn Fawnatics challenge! This one has been so popular in the past we had to bring it back -- it's Inspired by a Book, Movie, or Song. I decided to try to capture my favorite read of the year so far, Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt. I combined four different stamp sets for this one, and they are Ocean Shell-fieYou Are SublimeMermaid For You, and Scripty Bubble Sentiments. I colored the images with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For the background, I used a piece of Bristol Smooth Surface Cardstock and blended on Distress Oxide Inks in Peacock FeathersMermaid Lagoon, and Blueprint Sketch for the water and Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs for the sand, which was trimmed out with the Stitched Hillside Borders


To add the plant silhouettes along the sides, I stamped sea grass and coral images from Mermaid For You with Fish Tank and Blue Jay Ink. Then I adhered all my images with liquid glue, stamped the rest of my sentiment, and finished with a little Stardust Stickles. Check out the photo comparison of the card and the book. I hope I did it justice!


If you'd like to see how this card came together, plus hear my spoiler-free review of the book, click below or watch on YouTube. I really hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to stop by the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the design team has created. We'd love to have you play along!

1 comment:

  1. I had to tell you how much I love this card! I'm on the waiting list for this book at my library and can't wait to read it. 💗

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...