Monday, July 12, 2021

Showers of Joy Card

 

Hello everyone! We've been getting so much rain here that it seemed like the perfect time to create an after-the-storm scene using the adorable Singing in the Rain set by Hello Bluebird. I love the sweet girls in this set, and can't wait to use the other one soon, but for today I chose this one with her lovely smile and arm raised up in joy. And of course, I had to give her some ducklings to play with. I colored all the images with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


I transformed the After the Rain Scene die just slightly, by turning some of the lower clouds into bushes, and covering up the bottom layer with a straight panel piece to create a sidewalk. I colored the whole thing with Distress Oxide Inks and I used so many! The sky and top cloud were done with Salvaged Patina and Stormy Sky, the rainbow with Kitch FlamingoCarved PumpkinSqueezed LemonadeTwisted CitronSalvaged Patina, and Shaded Lilac. The bushes were Mowed Lawn and Lucky Clover, and the sidewalk Hickory Smoke. I splattered some Starry Watercolors on the sky to look like shiny raindrops and finished with a sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx Black Ink.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, click below or watch on YouTube. And don't forget to like and subscribe! I've been losing so many subscribers lately and I'm not sure if its a YouTube glitch or what is going on, so I really appreciate your support. Thank you so much for watching. Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...