Monday, July 11, 2022

Creating Cards Using Pre-colored Images


Hello my friends! Have you ever found yourself with some leftover colored images and are stumped with how to create a card around them? If so, then today's video is for you! I keep a little dish on my desk for extra colored images, but I rarely get around to using them. Some of them have been in it for years! But I'd had enough of them sitting there, begging to be used, making me feel guilty. Lol. So I asked my YouTube viewers if they were interested in a video like this, and the overwhelming response was YES! It turns out many of you have a dish or container of leftover images like mine. Today I've got a process video, showing you in real time, start to finish, how I make each decision of which images to use, where they should go, what supplies to pair them with, etcetera. If you enjoy this one, let me know, and maybe I'll make it an ongoing series!


The first card I made was using leftover images from Hello Bluebird Best Days combined with some gifts from Christmas Is Coming. I also had a few leftover colored backgrounds, including a Pathway Background, that these images just seemed perfect for. I wanted this to be a birthday card, so I used a sentiment from Party on the Farm. The color palette was almost a complete match with the Doodlebug Designs Great Outdoors 6x6 pad, so I brought those in too, trimming things down with the Lawn Fawn Large and Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables.


The second card I made features the Avery Elle Astronauts, which I combined with Speech Bubbles to make it another birthday card. I had a leftover background that was meant to be a rainy day scene, but I decided it could work just as well for outer space. This one I matched with the MFT Stars and Stripes 6x6 pad to tie in their red, white, and blue space suits.

I really hope you guys enjoy the video and find it helpful! Click below or watch on YouTube and please, please don't forget to leave me a comment on how you liked it! I would really appreciate your feedback, so I know if this is something I should continue to do in the future. I still have a lot of images left over, and they're giving me the stink eye! Haha! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...