Thursday, November 18, 2021

Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things - November

 

Hello friends, and welcome to the November edition of Christy Gets Crafty with My Favorite Things! For today's card my youngest son actually picked out some of my supplies. He chose the Winter Wonder stamp set, because it has two of my favorite animals in it, polar bears and red squirrels. I decided to pair that with Put the Jolly in the Holidays for the trees and the sentiment, since I'm still working on my Christmas cards. I colored everything in with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.

Then I white heat embossed snowflakes onto an Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX and blended over that with Distress Oxide Inks, then added a Stitched Slimline Snow Drift (since I don't have the regular size in my stash).


The other item that my son picked out for me was the lime green tree patterned paper from the Holly Jolly 6x6 pad, which I of course, had to use, but I also wanted to add in more color so I pulled in a plaid from the Cheerful Plaid 6x6. I die cut both of those with the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 2, and sandwiched a Stitched Scalloped Basic Edges 2 between the prints when I adhered them to the Sno Cone card base.

I popped the focal panel up with foam tape, and added a sentiment stamped on one of the Grounding Elements for something a little different, then adhered my images. I finished the card with a couple sequins and some Stickles glitter glue.


I really hope you enjoyed this one, especially since my son had a hand in it's creation! That just made it extra fun for me. If you'd like to see this card come together, click below or watch on the MFT Stamps YouTube Channel! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...