Monday, March 8, 2010

Kitty Cat With Copics

Happy Monday, all! How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? We were supposed to have Dominic's birthday party on Saturday afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese, but another bout of the stomach flu hit, and we had to postpone it until next week. It's such a fun place to go, but man, is it always packed in there! It's probably a little better on a weekday, but that's always hard to arrange with everyone's schedules. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Yesterday I just didn't seem to be in the mood to do anything! My high fever and upset tummy had put me in a strange mood. I didn't feel like getting online, I didn't feel like crafting, I didn't even feel like reading, which is VERY unlike me. Then I looked at my little pile of Copics smiling up at me so sweetly, and I thought coloring seemed like a soothing thing to do. So I printed off a few of those digi stamps I've been talking about and spent a quiet couple of hours coloring them in for future use on cards.

I started with that cute little kitty from the Motivet blog.


I colored him in with C3 (cool gray #3) and since I don't have any other grays, I just went back over it again to make parts darker and give contrast. Then I scrubbed lightly over it with my colorless blender to give the fur some texture. I did the same thing with RV11 (pink) on the ears, and did overlapping E57 (light walnut), on the clumps of dirt. Then I used G05 (emerald green) and YG03 (yellow green) on the flower stem and leaves, and R22 (light prawn), R27 (cadmium red), and R59 (cardinal) on the petals.

Today, my fever is down, and despite the loud rumbles eminating from my abdominal region, I felt well enough to use the little kitty on a card.



I chose some chocolate brown cardstock for my base and used two contrasting but complimentary patterned papers from the In Bloom collection from My Mind's Eye (love their papers). I decided to give everything soft rounded edges to emphasize kitty's soft fur, and centered him over top.


I did a little faux stitching in a white Signo Broad gel pen around the edge on the brown so it wouldn't look so plain, and wrote "for you" in the bottom corner in pencil, then went over it with the Signo.

It needed another pop of color, so I got out those felt button flowers I picked up a while ago (and have used on a previous card) and layered those for some added dimention. I glued those on with Tombow Mono Multi Glue.

Then I went back and carefully erased the pencil lines. I had some ribbon I was going to use as well, but I couldn't find a place to put it without it looking too busy, so I decided just to leave it off.


And that's it for today. If you decide to print off the little kitty and make something with him, please post a link in the comments section. I'd love to see it.

Hope you all have a great evening!

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I love the pink paper on the card... and of course, the kitten is darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrrfect! I like the way you used a patchwork of papers for the background on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, great colouring and I love that dp!!! Cute image too! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks, everyone! You guys are so sweet. Your comments mean so much. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...