Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Little Drummer Boy - Holiday Card Series 2015 #5


Hello, friends! For card #8 in my 2015 Holiday Card Series I am showing you how I mass produced five cards -- with a twist. Each one is just a little different, so each recipient will still get a unique card. I'm using WPlus9's Drummer Boy stamp and die sets and a whole lot of Distress Ink.


For the background I showed in the video, I used Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry, and Shaded Lilac for the sky, and then Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, and Frayed Burlap for the sand. On a couple of cards I chose to mix it up and swapped Seedless Preserves for the Shaded Lilac, like the one above.


On this one, which was actually the last background I created, I really went crazy with my sky and used Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, and Chipped Sapphire. I guess as the evening wore on, the sun went further down in my mind until it was truly night.


The images I watercolored with just one shade each, but I let it dry in between so it has two to three layers on each image for that variation in color intensity. I used Frayed Burlap for all my browns, Mowed Lawn for my tree tops, Pumice Stone for my critters, Evergreen Bough for the drummer boy's vest and baby Jesus's blanket, Squeezed Lemonade for baby Jesus's hair and the drum strap, and Aged Mahogany for the drum.


These cards were a bit time consuming to make, but I'm so pleased with the end results and I hope the recipients will be too. Check out the video below or click on the YouTube icon at the bottom right to watch it there in HD. And please don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! 

All in all, this video took me over seven hours to film, edit, and voice over, and if I sound a little tired, that's because I finished it at 5AM! I know. I know. Just tried to push through and get it up for you guys! I'd still like to get at least two more videos done before the end of the series. Even if it does mean a few very late nights.



I'd like to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Die Crazy since I used so many. Thanks so much for watching. Have a great day!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my! ! This is the sweetest scene ever!! And those colors are so bright and gorgeous! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backgrounds are so varied. They are beautiful all by themselves. What a lovely bunch of cards! So glad to have found you through Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your cards over on the SSS gallery and had to stop by and see more. Omgosh, you must be tired from all that distressing, but the results are AMAZING! I was wondering if you used the new Candied Apple, but I didn't see it listed. Your colors are so vibrant and each scene is beautiful! I'm a new follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Just love the vibrant backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful! GORGEOUS card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Christy, these are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...