Monday, May 1, 2023

Mama Elephant Card - Lawn Fawnatics #148


Hey friends, it's time for another Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! This is a really fun one because we are creating cards inspired by other Lawn Fawn designers! There are so many incredible design team members to choose from, but I ended up going with a card by Marine Simon. Marine always comes up with the most fun and unique scenes, and this one is no exception! 


Marine made her card using the Shutter Card die, cleverly omitting the center opening to give herself a larger canvas to work on. To make the card my own, I decided to shrink the design down to a standard A2 size card and change up a few things. I pulled together images from Elephant ParadeElephant Parade Add-onWild for YouToucan Do ItCritters in the Jungle and Chit Chat. I colored them all with Copic markers, switching to a warmer color palette, and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For the background, I used the Cloudy Stencil to blend some Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide onto a piece of Bristol Smooth Surface Cardstock. Then I cut down two more pieces using the Slimline Grassy Hillside Borders and blended on Twisted CitronMowed Lawn, and Lucky Clover. On the bottom one, I white heat embossed a Simply Fall Sentiments and popped that up with foam tape. Then added the images with a mix of foam tape and liquid glue. I finished with a little Stardust Stickles.


If you'd like to see how this card came together, you can click below or watch on YouTube. I really hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to check the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog to see the rest of the design team's Inspired By creations! We hope you'll play along too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...