Monday, July 15, 2024

Christmas in the Desert Card - Lawn Fawnatics #177


Hey friends, it's time for another Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, and this time we are celebrating Christmas in July! For my card I wanted to to take the holidays to the desert, so I featured the super adorable Critters in the Desert stamp set, combined with images from Penguin PartyUgly and BrightMerry MiceSay What? Holiday Pets, and Holiday Party Animal. I colored them all with Copic markers and trimmed them out with the matching dies.


For my focal panel, I started with the Desert Canyon Backdrop and trimmed it out of Bristol Cardstock. Then I blended on Distress Oxide Inks in Antique LinenGathered TwigsVintage Photo, and Black Soot. I created the sky on a separate panel, using Salvaged PatinaUncharted Mariner, and more Black Soot. I did some splatter with water and white acrylic paint to make the stars and white heat embossed my sentiment at the top.


I glued the background to a Mermaid card base and added my images over top with some liquid glue. Then I finished off by adding a bit of sparkle with some Stardust Stickles. If you'd like to see how the card came together, you can check out the video tutorial HERE on my YouTube channel. Also, don't forget to stop by the Lawn Fawnatics challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team has created and to link up your own projects and play along. Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...