Monday, July 28, 2014

Thinking Of You Watercolor Poppies


Happy Monday morning! I hope your week is off to a great start. I ended up having a fantastic weekend. I thought we were going to spend Friday night in our usual way -- grocery shopping (I know, we live a glamorous life) -- and Saturday just hanging around the house catching up on chores. Instead, we ended up playing miniature golf (I WON! Two holes in one! Yahoo!), going blueberry picking (14 one quart bags in the freezer and a great big bowl to eat fresh), and getting some great food in a neighboring city pizza joint that I love. Take a look at these beauties. I snapped a photo just before picking them.


Sunday morning I woke up early and while the house was quiet I decided to film the video that I know you guys have been waiting for. Watercoloring these beautiful Poppies from Sheena's Paint Fusion line by Crafter's Companion. I used my Distress Inks once again, in shades Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Olive Grove, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Faded Jeans, and Seedless Preserves. I took my sentiment from Stamp-It Australia Imagine "Dreamy Daisies."

The video ended up being an hour and twelve minutes long, but I was able to speed it up and edit it down to thirteen minutes and twenty seconds! It took hours of editing, but I was proud of myself. I hope you all enjoy. Please click on the YouTube icon at the bottom right if you'd like to watch the video in HD, and don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe. Let me know how you liked it and if you'd be interested in similar videos in the future.

Have an awesome day!




5 comments:

  1. Holy wow. I could watch you all day. I just happened upon your blog via instagram. And now I'll be a subscriber. Do you have any videos that show more technique/instruction for watercolor? You're phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a couple watercolor videos using Distress Inks right now, and have more plans for videos in the near future. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and subscribing to my channel! I appreciate it so much!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christiana, what an amazing card and thanks for this great video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is stunning. Seriously beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...